Saturday, November 8, 2008

Upsets abound...

...in Friday night football action. In 8A, Hinsdale Central defeated previously unbeaten Bolingbrook, 35-14; Mt. Carmel shocked Lincoln-Way East, 34-31; and Marist handed Naperville North their first loss of the season, 28-25, in overtime. Also, undefeated Bartlett made quick work of Fremd, 21-7.

In 7A, it was Carmel over Woodstock, 10-7; St. Rita beat Thornton, 21-13; and in the night's only upset, Downers Grove North blanked Proviso East, 16-0.

In 6A, Huntley was upset by Grant, 28-24.

If you're keeping score at home, you'll notice I was 2-for-4 in my 8A picks and a perfect 3-0 in 7A. I had Bartlett beating Fremd and Hinsdale Central upsetting Bolingbrook, but I missed on Marist and Mt. Carmel. I should have known better than to fade the Caravan, especially in post-season play. In 7A I called the evening's lone upset but played it safe with the two Catholic schools. In 6A I'll consider Huntley's defeat a loss since I wrote about them, even though I didn't specifically pick them to win. That leaves me at 5-for-8 for the evening. I'll take that; let's see what Saturday brings.

No comments: