Saturday, February 21, 2015

Rudy Giuliani is in the news...

...this week for saying some impolitic things about President Obama.

After all these years, I really don't know what to say about that kind of stuff so I'll just leave it to Wayne Barrett of the New York Daily News (my emphasis):

The onetime presidential candidate also revealed at the party that Obama "doesn't love America," an echo of a speech he'd delivered to delirious cheers in Arizona a week earlier when he declared: "I would go anywhere, any place, anytime, and I wouldn't give a damn what the President of the United States said, to defend my country. That's a patriot. That's a man who loves his people. That's a man who fights for his people. Unlike our President."
 
Rudy may have forgotten the half-dozen deferments he won ducking the Vietnam War, even getting the federal judge he was clerking for to write a letter creating a special exemption for him.

No comments: