Thursday, March 8, 2012

No. 16 Marist upset No. 4 Bogan...

...last night to earn the right to play No. 1 Simeon tomorrow night. (And I missed the game! I actually had something else going on; turns out I have a life after all.) From the Trib: 

Fresh off of a buzzer-beating upset of then-No. 3 Curie in a regional final, Marist overcame a 10-point deficit in the final 70 seconds of regulation Wednesday to stun No. 4 Bogan 68-63 in overtime in a 4A Argo Sectional semifinal in Summit. 

I've seen Simeon play twice this year, against Curie and DeLaSalle. They're the No. 1-ranked team in the state, of course, and Steve Taylor and Jabari Parker get "a lot of ink," as my dad used to say. But -- I'm telling you -- if Marist can beat Curie and Bogan they can play with these guys. 

I gotta see that game!

No comments: