Friday, March 16, 2012

I'll be making my corned beef...

...and cabbage today instead of tomorrow. (And, yes, that's a little dab of horseradish on top.)

Why? I still might make the three-hour trek down to Peoria tomorrow for the 4A basketball championship, especially if it's between Proviso East and Simeon. (I've seen both teams twice and I think it could be one for the ages.)

Oh, and by the way, my corned beef is from Vienna, of course, and I'll throw some carrots and red potatoes in the pot as well. I also bought a loaf of S. Rosen's rye bread (with caraway seeds) and real butter, and I plan to wash it all down with a Kaliber (or two).

We'll start our vegan diets -- tomorrow!

4 comments:

Ed Crotty said...

Made mine yesterday. Two briskets and 2 loaves of Rosen's with seeds. Awesome.

mtracy said...

Nice!

Ed Crotty said...

We are definitely on the same page. Now if my 17 year old - who has a school holiday today - doesn't eat it all - it will be another happy night. That's why I had to get 2!!

mtracy said...

Smart man; I'm a little worried mine will cook down too much...