Monday, October 25, 2010

Anyone who's followed my posts...

...on high school football this year can attest to my disastrous prediction record. (I don't dare compile my "winning" percentage; it would just be too humbling.)

But that won't stop me. So here goes nothing: Sharron Angle will defeat Harry Reid for the U. S. Senate from Nevada.

The race is considered by experts to be too close to call right now. But Nevada has the highest unemployment rate in the nation (14.2%) in a year when the unemployment rate is far and away the most important issue. Add to that Harry Reid's high personal unfavorables and the fact that it's a Republican year anyway, and it's clear to me: he's going down.

Also, Sharron Angle is about as wacky as Christine O'Donnell. (You know, the woman from Delaware who keeps claiming she's not a witch.) So if she's still in the race this late in the game -- with all of her negatives -- then Angle should eke out a victory.

The good news for Democrats? Like the rest of the tea partiers that win this year, Angle will be a one-termer. Once independents and moderates get a good look at these people they'll run in the opposite direction -- fast.

No comments: