Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I just noticed that Jonathan Cohn...

...and Ezra Klein were the 2010 winners of the Hillman Prize for their respective blogs. (Don't ask me what the Hillman Prize is; I'd never heard of it, either.) But congratulations are in order, and they deserve it because theirs were certainly two of the best blogs out there, especially on health care reform. (Most of what I learned in the past two years on the subject was gleaned from these two sources. They really performed a public service and may have had more of an impact on the debate than people realize.)

But now that the health care bill has passed, Cohn has moved on to other things. I don't know what those are just yet, but I'd like to find out because his absence has left a gaping hole in the New Republic. The other Jonathan, Jonathan Chait, has a (fairly) new blog but it's just not as good. I guess I'll have to content myself with Klein's; his is the best blog I've found so far.

No comments: