Monday, May 17, 2010

A good friend of mine,...


...let's call him Jim (or Scherps), called me last week. It seems he was in my town on business and dialed me on his cell phone.

It was really good to hear from him, but it reminded me a little of that "Curb Your Enthusiasm" episode where Larry David's cousin Andy gives him a hard time for not calling him when he was in New York. Larry's response was "What difference does it make if I'm in town or not? I can call you any time from Los Angeles." His cousin Andy (played brilliantly by Richard Kind, above) said, "It doesn't matter, Larry. You were in town and you should have called."

Coincidentally, I was in Jim's town a few weeks ago (actually, I was at my niece's in the town next door) and I was tempted to call him. Why is that? My cell phone works from anywhere in the country.

In any event, it was good to hear from Jim whether he was in town or not. (It makes me wonder, though, if he really was in my town or if he just made the whole thing up as an excuse to call me.)

No comments: