Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sarah Palin is brilliant...

...at turning her weaknesses into strengths. For example, last summer when she babbled about "death panels," I thought to myself, "That's it; she's finished politically." And, inexplicably, she became even more popular.

Last night on Jay Leno (looking like a ditzy housewife with her jeans and up-do), Palin addressed the recent controversy surrounding her reliance on notes written on her hand at the Tea Party convention:

Palin said she first started writing on her palms in school, a trick she picked up from her father, an elementary school teacher.

“He would come home night, there at the dinner table. His hands would be just full of notes for the next day,” the former governor explained. “I take notes today, even on the palm of my hand. And just to get the left all wee-wee'd up and get their heads spinning, I'm going to promise that I'm going to keep doing it.”

And the audience applauded!

I haven't seen the ratings yet, but I'd be shocked if Leno didn't crush David Letterman and Mitt Romney (snore!) last night. Anyone who underestimates Sarah Palin is foolish. If the Iowa caucuses were held tomorrow, she'd win with a plurality.

The Republicans (and the rest of us) should be terrified.

2 comments:

Bill Carlin said...

Mike, I have a friend who is a political consultant for conservative causes. He is convinced she is playing down to the masses by playing up the home spun simpleton stuff. She is quite intelligent and is a clever manipulator. I used to think Romney was a clever politician. He pales in comparison to Palin (no pun intended)...Bill

mtracy said...

What does your friend think of Palin's chances for 2012?