Friday, March 19, 2010

I saw Mike Pence, Republican Congressman...

...from Indiana, on Hardball the other night. Speaking about health care reform (again), Pence trotted out--for what must be the zillionth time--that worn-out old bromide, "massive government takeover of one-sixth of the American economy..."

As burnt-out as I have become on the whole subject (honest!), even Pence looked tired of repeating the same nonsense over and over and over again. I could only imagine him thinking, How many more times do I have to say that?

Even John Boehner looks exhausted; his face is a paler shade of orange than I remember. (I have a suggestion for his tombstone: He wanted to start over with a clean sheet of paper!)

Hopefully on Sunday this will all be over. (Maybe then I can take a look at that basketball tournament everyone is talking about.)

No comments: