Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bill Maher was hysterical...

...last night (as usual), particularly in regard to that new law passed in Arizona which requires candidates for president to provide proof of their citizenship before their names can appear on the state's ballot. According to AP (my emphasis): 

The measure says political parties and presidential candidates must hand in affidavits stating a candidate's citizenship and age. It also requires them to provide the candidate's birth certificate and a sworn statement saying where the candidate has lived for 14 years. If candidates don't have a copy of their birth certificates, they could meet the requirement by providing baptismal or circumcision certificates, hospital birth records and other documents.

To which Maher quipped, "Who the @#$%! has a circumcision certificate?"

And it's true. My wife and I had both of our sons circumcised (don't ask me why) and I don't recall anyone ever handing me a certificate of circumcision.

I'll have to ask my wife.

No comments: