Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Are Rand Paul and...

...Chris Christie now leading in the race for the 2016 Republican nomination? According to Paddy Power, the Irish betting website, Sen. Paul and Gov. Christie are tied at 9/2 odds with Sen. Marco Rubio in third at 5/1. As my British friend Jamie often says, "Have you ever met a poor bookie?" (I always respond that I've never met a bookmaker, period -- poor or otherwise. But I think you get the point.)

Personally, I just don't see Gov. Christie as a realistic candidate given his "bridgegate" troubles at home. But, on the other hand, it might make some sense: the nomination could come down to a tea party/establishment showdown with Paul the candidate of the former and Christie the favorite of the latter.

P. S. Always go with the establishment candidate.

No comments: