Thursday, February 17, 2011

First George Will touted Mike Pence...

...for president, then Rick Santorum. Today's column is about Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels. I'll admit Will is getting warmer; Daniels does, at least, come across as a grown-up. But then Will writes the following:

Under [Daniels], Indiana has its fewest state employees since 1978, the nation's lowest state government employment per capita, the lowest effective property taxes and the third-lowest per capita spending.

And all I can think is, so what? Is anyone from New York or California moving to Indiana? I didn't think so. Has George Will ever even been there? (He might find it a little different from Chevy Chase or Bethesda or wherever he lives.) Heck, I live in neighboring Illinois, and I don't know anyone who'd rather live in Indiana. (Sorry Hoosiers.)

No comments: