Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It must be Flashback Day...

...here at BOWG. Rep. Todd Akin's comments on the Sean Hannity Show remind me of this famous scene from Casablanca (my emphasis): 

Hannity asked Akin to clarify what he meant when he said “the female body has ways of trying to shut that whole thing down,” referring to the pregnancy that could result from a rape. 

“Well, my only point in that was I had heard from medical reports that rape is such a traumatic type of thing that, um, that it, uh, that here is a reaction,” said Akin. “But that’s wrong and that’s the second thing that I’ve apologized for.” 
___ 

Hannity pressed for Akin to clarify his remarks. Akin said that he had heard, at one point, a medical report which led him to believe that the female body rejects unwanted pregnancies. He went on to again admit that he was incorrect.

No comments: