Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Is it too early to talk about...

...the IHSA football playoffs? Not if you work at the Sun-Times.

An article this morning lists Loyola as the favorite in Class 8A. (That's Charlie Dowdle, above, tying the game against Mount Carmel.) Stevenson, York (who could drop down to 7A -- don't get me started on the whole IHSA class system), Glenbard North and Mount Carmel are mentioned as top contenders. (What, no Maine South?)

In 7A, the Times has Wheaton Warrenville South as the favorite, of course, with St. Rita, Glenbard West, Simeon and Carmel as top contenders.

Crystal Lake South is the Times's choice for 6A, with Marmion and a few others as top contenders.

And in 5A, Joliet Catholic is considered the team to beat.

I'll have my own choices (surprised?) when the brackets are announced this Sunday.

Okay, okay, "Uncle!" I'll give you a hint: two of my dark horses will be Schaumburg and Minooka.

No comments: