Sunday, July 16, 2017

As great as Bob Dylan...

...was (still is, I guess) I have to admit I like some covers of his songs even better than the originals. Sue me. (The Byrds' "Mr. Tambourine Man" and the Turtles' "It Ain't Me Babe" come immediately to mind.)* So when I heard "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right" at the end of Mad Men Season 1, Episode 13, I was reminded of this rendition by Peter, Paul and Mary.** Is it better than the original? Probably not, but I like it anyway.

Remember, during these challenging times we have to dance. Or, in my case, listen to music.

* Oh, and speaking of covers, the Vogues did a pretty good one of "My Special Angel" in 1968.

** Even this version with Andy Williams (who drifted way, way to the right in his later years) isn't too shabby.

No comments: