Friday, June 25, 2010

I like Hardball with Chris Matthews...

...and watch it most weekdays. As a political junkie, I much prefer it to the network evening news. (I've seen enough footage of forest fires and other natural disasters to last a lifetime.) Hardball covers the topics that interest me most and schedules good guests. Also, more often than not, I find myself in agreement with the host.

But Matthews talks too much. He talks -- way -- too -- much. It seems like every time Matthews asks a question he just can't wait to give the answer. Most of the time he just talks over his guests. It can be really frustrating. That was a good question. Now shut the heck up and let your guest answer it! For the love of God, Chris, take a breath...

A week or so ago, Matthews seemed to meet his match. He went on the Charlie Rose Show to plug his special on the New Right. It was like a Battle Royale of two of the World's Worst Listeners. (I wonder if either of them -- say, five minutes after the show was over -- could recall anything that the other one had to say during the interview. Was there someone else on the set with me?)

Now Matthews has a new segment at the end of his show called "Let Me Finish." You've got to be kidding! Doesn't this guy ever stop talking? He must be a real hoot at cocktail parties.

Chris, you have a good show. Now learn to zip it once in a while.

No comments: