Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tom Barrett, the mayor...

...of Milwaukee, will be Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker's Democratic opponent in the recall election on June 5. Walker, who has raised $25 million (most of it from out of state), is comfortably ahead on Intrade and will probably prevail. 

Now, I don't live in the Badger State and therefore don't have any skin in the game. But if I did, I would certainly vote against Walker. I just don't see how gutting the state government and turning Wisconsin into another Mississippi is the path to prosperity. 

From the Times (my emphasis): 

According to a recent jobs report from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics, Wisconsin was the only state in the nation to show a “statistically significant” decrease in employment, losing 23,900 jobs from March 2011 to March 2012. 

So where are all the "job creators" with their crummy minimum wage jobs?

No comments: