Saturday, December 24, 2016

Carl Paladino is an asshole.

I'm sorry; I've tried really hard not to use bad language in the eight years I've been writing this blog,* but I'm going to make an exception this one time -- and on Christmas Eve, no less!

But Mr. Paladino, a "one-time Republican candidate for governor of New York and political ally of President-elect Donald J. Trump" just made some statements in a Buffalo newspaper that even Jessica Ditto, a spokeswoman for Trump, could only describe as "absolutely reprehensible."

(Jessica Ditto, a spokeswoman? Sounds like a prime candidate for Name of the Day.)

I really hate to repeat what Mr. Paladino said, but at the risk that you might not click on the original piece, here goes:

Question: What would you most like to happen in 2017?

Answer: Obama catches mad cow disease after being caught having relations with a Herford. He dies before his trial and is buried in a cow pasture next to Valerie Jarret, who died weeks prior, after being convicted of sedition and treason, when a Jihady cell mate mistook her for being a nice person and decapitated her.

Question: What would you like to see go away in 2017?

Answer: Michelle Obama. I’d like her to return to being a male and let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe where she lives comfortably in a cave with Maxie, the gorilla.

Can you believe that? Where does all this hatred come from?

Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York called the comments “racist, ugly and reprehensible.” I think if I were asked I would just shake my head and ask what was wrong with that guy. I mean, seriously, what is wrong with this guy?

According to Mr. Paladino, he's not racist, oh no, just "not politically correct."

Well, I guess I'm not "politically correct," either. Mr. Paladino, you're an asshole.

* I really have tried to avoid using profanity in this blog. (While the 159-year-old Atlantic can use the "F word" in the title of a piece, I can't.) In this Brave New World of the Internet, the quickest way to lose credibility, I think, is to use language that isn't "suitable for work." Or for your mother to read. Or, say, for an evangelical Christian. My purpose here is to share my opinions with everyone; I don't want to give anyone an excuse to click on something else.

No comments: